Your Privia Provider
With access to your health history and an understanding of your individual needs, your doctor can give you advice over the phone to guide your next steps.
Those next steps could be:
- A same-day or next-day appointment in the office
- A referral to a specialist or other Privia doctor
- A visit to an urgent care facility or, if it is a life-threatening emergency, a visit to the emergency department
If we are not available, you can meet with one of our colleagues 24/7 via our secure virtual visit technology to treat a variety of health concerns (bites, rashes, flu, urinary tract infection, etc.). If you suspect your condition requires further testing, like blood work or imaging, visit an immediate care facility for a more convenient and cost-effective alternative to the emergency department.
The emergency department is meant for the following:
- Life-threatening situations
- Serious and sudden medical conditions
If you or a loved one is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 or find safe transportation to the emergency department near you.
Remember to follow up with your primary care provider after any changes to your health or seeing another doctor.
When the unexpected happens, your doctor and Privia can help you know what to expect, who to call, and where to go to receive the highest quality of care.